Who Is Eligible
- High School Students with a documented disability (Does not have to have an IEP)
- High School Students near or at employment age and those in transition
- High School Students interested in being employed or being trained for employment.
Eligibility Requirements To Participate In STEP
- The student & parent/guardian need to sign a Consent for Services form to begin the application.
- As a federal program, the student’s Social Security Number is required.
- If the student has a disability that is due to a medical or mental health diagnosis, a Release of Information to the provider is needed so detailed information on the disability can be obtained.
- STEP staff will meet with to complete the application process. A Transition Specialist will review disability and school information to determine your Eligibility.
- An Individual Plan of Employment (IPE) will be prepared at Referral and reviewed at least every year in order to update the student’s interest in a current or future job.
High Schools that offer the STEP program
- Alwood High School
- Mercer County High School
- Moline High School/Coolidge
- Orion High School
- Riverdale High School
- Rock Island High School/Thurgood Marshall
- Rockridge High School
- Sherrard High School
- United Township High School/UTEC
How Do I Apply?
You May Also Contact Your Teacher or Reach Us At:
4670 11th Street
East Moline, IL 61244
Illinois Department of Human Services – Division of Rehabilitation Services
4711 44th Street
Rock Island, IL 61201
Funding provided by: Illinois Department of Human Services – Division of Rehabilitation Services.